Wednesday 8 December 2010

Window Art, Liverpool

Whilst I was looking for an example I have seen a couple of times when I have been driving to Liverpool to go to the Tate gallery there, I usually drive down a street just as we are going into the center where there is some really old buildings with contemporary art in all the windows all down the street to brighten them up. BUT I cannot find a website, and don't have any of my own examples to put on. I'm guessing though if who ever is reading this has been to the Liverpool Tate gallery (by car) they will have seen what I am on about. But yeah, as I was looking I came across this 'Drawings for Bold Street Windows'.


The drawings are done by the artist Nina Edge, who is based at FACT, and they are done in relation to a festival they have going on. Judging from the example image I got from the website it looks as though what is draw is a general activity of what is/could be going on on the inside of the building. They are very colourful and have an interesting illustrative style that keeps them light hearted and nice to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment